Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Marian Procession

Yesterday was the 50th Marian procession at Intramuros, Manila. I was there to witness this annual event. There were more than 70 images of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It started at exactly 4 in the afternoon. Some devotees performed their traditional dances which were either solemn or joyous. The karakols were all beautifully decorated with flowers of various kinds and colors. They were so fragrant that I could smell them everytime they pass. The media was present (the event will be featured in TV Patrol on Wednesday, and also on Saturday at F). Of course the archbishop of Mania The most reverend Gaudencio Rosales was there, as well as those belonging to the diocese of Manila. There were other guests too, and the crowd was really huge. The image of Our Lady of Manaoag was the grandest as it even had two sets of hot air balloons carrying a rosary and it had fireworks as it passed. The image of Our Lady of Turumba was the most festive. The Nuestra Se–ora Virgen del Rosario won the best karakol. The procession ended at 6:30 pm. The fireworks lasted for only a few minutes but it was grand. The feast of the Immaculate Conception is on December 8.

I will upload the photos by this week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, i just want to ask kung kailan nyo po ma-po-post yung pictures?
Salamat!

April 25, 2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

I really wanted to post them last January BIT they were blurry. On top of that, the shot that I really wanted was not even processed. I mean my cam was okay but the images were kinda small...

April 25, 2005 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you send it to me? pwede po ba? here's my e-mail hp17_2004@yahoo.com

I will look forward for it. thanks!

~robby

April 26, 2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home