Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Bonifacio day

Today we commemorate the birthday of Andres Bonifacio, one of our National heroes. He was born in 1863. At 9, he was selling canes, fans, and hats to augment the family income. He also worked as a storekeeper and later as a messenger His parents have died and he has five siblings. In 1892, he founded the Katipunan and wrote the cartilla but he sensed that Emilio Jacinto's is more beautiful because it expressed a deeper love for the country and for his fellowmen. He did not have any formal education but he loved to read. Among these were Les Miserables, Noli Me Tangere, El Filibusterismo, and The Lives of the Presidents of the United States. Because of his humility, popularity and success, Emilio Aguinaldo had him and his brother Procopio were executed on May 10, 1897.

Andres Bonifacio is among my two greatest Filipino heroes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home