Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Mannequins have Moved

I remember that my mom and I (and later my younger sister) go to COD Cubao to watch the moving mannequins. The show lasts for half an hour. Then another half hour and another show. I think there are three shows in a night. This was really fascinating. My favorites were:
the angel announcing to the sheperds the birth of the Messiah (imagine the angel getting down from the highest floor and its wings are spreading and closing)
Santa Claus in his sleigh crosiing from the left to the right part of the building.

Every Christmas season we would go here and then proceed to Fiesta Carnival.

Setback: there were news that a lot of people are pickpocketed because the people are on the street and they look up to the show along the wall of COD.

I cannot recall when these shows halted.

Now they are back and they are in Greenhills. I look forward to another Christmas of enchantment.

3 Comments:

Blogger jem said...

yeah! cod, the highlight of 80's childhood!

November 26, 2004 12:24 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

Ah, so you enjoyed those too. Small world.

November 26, 2004 1:58 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Oh I enjoyed them too. You know we're from Baguio and my parents used to plan every Christmas time for us to go down to Manila to see these ones. They were so marvelous.

November 26, 2004 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home