Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Starry Starry Night

The week was hit by the storm Agaton. By Friday night I was praying that it would not even drizzle on Saturday. Why? Because this is one of the days that both the SFC vounteers, as well as the young ones have been waiting for.
Ten children were chosen two weeks ago for a trip to Star City. These are the most behaved in their respective groups that day. We had a lot of free coupons for the rides that we only have to pay their entrance fees and food. Of course we have to be responsible for them.
At four pm, I was waiting for them outside the entrance of Star City. Moments later two SFC arrived and another one was already there ahead of me! Before five pm they arrived but we still had to wait for their some SFC sisters. When we sensed that they were really getting excited, quiet, and bored, all at the same time, we decided to come in. Ten children and thirteen SFCs.
Our first choice was the Wild River. Two children were not able to join because of height restrictions so they stayed with some elders. We were in line for more than an hour. I repeat, more than an hour! When it was our turn, at the first drop, the brave ones closed their eyes, shouted, called it quits, but what can we do? We were already there so I told them that nothing bad could happen, I was with them, and we just have to hold on to the rail . They could shout if they want to. Then splash! They were happy and amazed at themselves that they made it.
We took our supper and everyone was quiet. Even if we reminded them that they have to finish all their food because a lot of people have nothing to eat, they were not able to consume all of the porkchop and fried chicken which was feasted upon by two SFC kuya. Of course after eating there was leak break and some of them chanced upon the toy catcher wherein one has to drop a five-peso coin to get a chance to claim a toy.
Haunted House was next. I did not go in because the people there run and I do not want to tire myself. We waited at the exit and heard that one of my "daughters" almost cried but was easily comforted. Some were even outrunning the SFCs. They were laughing and teasing one another.
Next stop was Peter Pan. It was like a museum without interaction but everyone was pleased and enchanted. This is the area where we had a lot of pictures! We identified Captain Hook, Smee, the crocodile, Peter, Wendy, Michael, John, the Lost Boys, Tinker Bell, and the mermaids. Lights here were different!
It was almost 10 pm so we decided to get in the bumper cars! Even if there was height restriction, everyone was allowed. Of course, after waiting for more than an hour, we spent five minutes bumping against each other, despite the fact that two cars had no part for forwarding the car and one of them was ours! It was the most enjoyable for them.
My "daughter: and I lost them when she had to take a leak break and after wandering for about a few minutes, I decided to head for the exit and they were there. The one I told that we would be going somewhere got lost and arrived later.
By 11pm, we were on our way home. We told the parents that they would be home by 9 but what can we do? Tired and sleepy, their eyes tell it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home