Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Violations of the Price Tag Law

Last February I bought a buy one take one Listerine Mouthwash in the SM Southmall Department Store. It was priced at Php54.75 and then the cashier told me that she had the same item before and it was around Php60.
Then at Malvar's Supermarket along Molino Road, Bacoor, Cavite, I took Milo fuzz for Php81.75. The cash register failed to read it so it took me around 10 minutes before my purchase was verified for Php82.50. I asked the cashier why and she said that they will increase prices that night anyway. I told her that they are violating the price tag law and she was dumbfounded.
As consumers we should know our rights. I only found out of such law when my professor in college told me about the incident he had at Robinson's supermarket in Los BaƱos. This was in 2001.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home