Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Unfair Fair

LTFRB allowed fare increase last month, after being postponed, provided that drivers and operators paid their tariffs. Those who did are easily recognized: they should post the original fare matrixin their vehicles. The original is printed on a yellow paper.

What is making me furious is that some drivers are arrogant enought to charge the commuters the increase even if they do not have the original posted, only the photocopy. What could make me argue with them is they also cheat these photocopies. Look closely at the plate number, and then you would see that these are not theirs, and they just pasted or taped their plate number!

Patience.

*******************

What really happened? Yesterday I took a jeep ride from the office to UST. I paid PHP10 and the driver handed out PHP12. I asked the other passengers who has change and none answered even if I repeated it. The driver asked how much my money was so I replied PHP10. He gave me PHP2. I told him I need 50 centavos more and he said I lacked 50 centavos because the fare was PHP8.50. I said it's only PHP7.50 then he claimed he has no 50 centavos. My co-passengers joked that I should have not returned the excess now I lack 50 centavos and I said PHP12 is too much. One remarked that the original fare matrix should be posted and I was affirmative but I added his matrix is fake because it is very visible that he only taped his plate number. Of course the driver heard it all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

told yah!

re the 50 cents issue... even before diba, drivers usually make "alibi" na wala silang barya. kaya di sila nagsusukli ng 50 cents... ok sana kung mabait driver (balik ung 1 peso tapos kunin nya lang 7 pesos)... :)joeyboy

July 14, 2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

Kainis lang nakalimutan kong mga MGA 50 centavos ako. Well...

July 18, 2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home