Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Gloriagate Scandal

Last night I catched this on Tv, presenting President Arroyo's admission and apology...

Mga minamahal kong kababayan.

For the last several weeks, the issue of the tape recordings has spun out of control. Tonight, I want to set the record straight. You deserve an explanation from me, because you are the people I was elected to serve.

As you recall, the election canvassing process was unnecessarily slow even after the election results were already in and the votes had been counted.

I was anxious to protect my votes and during that time had conversations with many people, including a Comelec official. My intent was not to influence the outcome of the election, and it did not. As I mentioned, the election has already been decided and the votes counted. And as you remember, the outcome had been predicted by every major public opinion poll, and adjudged free, fair and decisive by international election observers, and our own Namfrel.

That said, let me tell you how I personally feel. I recognize that making any such call was a lapse in judgment. I am sorry. I also regret taking so long to speak before you on this matter. I take full responsibility for my actions and to you and to all those good citizens who may have had their faith shaken by these events. I want to assure you that I have redoubled my efforts to serve the nation and earn your trust.

Nagagambala ako. Maliwanag na may kakulangan sa wastong pagpapasya ang nangyaring pagtawag sa telepono. Pinagsisisihan ko ito nang lubos. Pinananagutan ko nang lubusan ang aking ginawa, at humihingi ako ng tawad sa inyo, sa lahat ng mga butihing mamamayan na nabawasan ng tiwala dahil sa mga pangyayaring ito. Ibig kong tiyakin sa inyo na lalo pa akong magsisikap upang maglingkod sa bayan at matamo inyong tiwala.

I took office with a mandate to carry out a plan for the nation. Since that time, I have focused on making the tough but necessary decisions to make up for years of economic neglect. We passed a comprehensive, fiscally responsible national budget; raised new and necessary revenues to invest in the people; and implemented new anti-corruption measures that have led to the highest collection of taxes in history.

Nothing should stand in the way of this work, or the next phase of my reform agenda, which includes new investments in education and social services with our new revenues; and an expansion of our successful, anti-corruption and lifestyle checks.

That is why I want to close this chapter and move on with the business of governing. I ask each and everyone of you to join hands with me in a show of unity, to help forge One Philippines, where everyone is equal under the law, and everybody has the opportunity to use their God-given talents to make a better life.

Our nation is strong and getting stronger. The progress is steady and I ask you to walk with me on this journey to rebuild our great nation. I remain your humble servant and promise you that I will fulfill my constitutional oath of office to serve the people to the best of my ability.

God bless the Philippines.

*************************

President Arroyo admitted last night that she is the voice behind the wire-tapped conversation with Commissioner Garcillano, although she did not say it was him, simply a COMELEC official. She said that the call was a result of unwise decisions (in my own words) and she asked for forgiveness. She stressed that she is making all her efforts to rebuild this great nation, and she is taking measures to fight corruption and for effective tax collection measures.

************************

Oh yes she asked for forgiveness. Ninety-percent of the Filipinos are Christians and we are no one if God can forgive and we cannot. She took advantage of this characteristic.

This nation was great during the Marcos regime. After that we continually sank...The opposition calls for impeachment yet I know that Vice President Noli de Castro is incapable of running the country.

I remorsefully regret being employed in one of the most dishonest government offices-Commission of Elections.

Tax collection? I pay a lot more taxes than what I am supposed to, and also the goods that I consume are also taxable.

Corruption...we cannot eliminate it. That I have been fighting for since highschool, I am fearless to speak out all the malpractices, and a lot more people are doing the same. Yet even as a Christian nation, we are weak...

Read more about this in PCIJ.

I wonder what would Cardinal Sin say about this, today that he will be buried...

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is really a real Macapagal, Dahil macapal talaga ang mukha niya.

July 14, 2005 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hindi lahat ng bagay nakukuha sa sorry! noh! ang saya saya noh

July 16, 2005 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we cant just say she is a good-for-nothing president if we will just base it on this issue. let's try to hold hands and look with an eye of faith that philippines will still better. thats one thing the filipino's cant do. be optimistic. stop buzzing this issue. go forward. not backward. as what jesus christ said in our PRAYER: "forgive those who have inned against us"... just try to reflect about this. go on!

July 18, 2005 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we cant just say she is a good-for-nothing president if we will just base it on this issue. let's try to hold hands and look with an eye of faith that philippines will still be better. thats one thing the filipinos cant do. be optimistic. stop buzzing this issue. go forward. not backward. as what jesus christ said in our PRAYER: "forgive those who have sinned against us"... just try to reflect about this. go on!

July 18, 2005 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is a great president though.

July 18, 2005 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

filipinos, learn to forgive! we always boast we are christians right? why dont we apply our "CHRISTIANITY" in this matter.

July 18, 2005 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

filipinos, learn to forgive! we always boast we are christians right? why dont we apply our "CHRISTIANITY" in this matter.

July 18, 2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

We as citizens of this country has nothing to do but be BETTER citizens and hope that our life will be a model for the others.

July 18, 2005 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ABOUT THE SCANDAL.... I DON'T CARE...!!!! BASTA..!!! GAWIN NALANG NIYA KUNG ANO ANG DAPAT GAWIN... HUWAG SIYA PURO SALITA... NOH..????!!!

August 01, 2005 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOH..???

August 01, 2005 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WALAY MAHITABO...

MABUTI PANG PUMUTOK AT MAWALA NG PARANG BULA...!!!!

August 01, 2005 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahmmmm... life is a disaster... all that i can say is that "i am sorry" noh..!!!

August 01, 2005 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! ns scandal Gloria! Ty sa ringtone!

August 01, 2005 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.... just like the saying... "forgive and forget." so, lets forgive her and forget here nah..!!! okay!!!

August 01, 2005 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.... ah basta... sa year 2035... vote niyo po ako 4 president... i will really do things beyong your expectations...

August 01, 2005 8:28 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

Sorry to disappoint you but we do not have elections in 2035. If the present constitution will still be uphold, they will be 2010, 2016, 2022, 2028, 2034, 2040...

August 02, 2005 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least she is better tha FPJ.
having FPJ for a president would be like having Erap all over again
erap probably is the worst president I've seen in my 17 years of life

August 17, 2005 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TO ERR IS HUMAN TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE!!!!!!!
BASAHIN NIYO ANG KASABIHAN NA YAN!!
ANG HIRAP KASI SA INYO NAPAKAJUDGEMENTAL NIYO...SO IT MEANS NA WALA KAYONG DIOS BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FORGIVE HER!
EH KUNG SI JESUS NAPATAWAD TAYO SA MGA KASALANAN NATIN..TAYO PA KAYA NA TAO LANG AYAW MAGPATAWAD...THINK WISE AND BE WISE!! BE A CRITICAL THINKER!!

August 19, 2005 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home