Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Pilipinas, Game ka na ba?


Initial Screening:

I got a call Saturday night (July 9) that I have an initial screening for GKNB the following day. I have to bring two to three ids and I only had one, my PRC license since my office ID and passport is in Manila. So I woke up the following day at 5 am, discovered that there was no cooked breakfast yet so I prepared, left at past 6, made a long wait for a tricycle, then another long wait for an FX which was so slow. I got my office id and a ride to Quezon Ave. but the FX stopped every now and then. I arrived at ABS-CBN at 8:30 and noticed that the person beside me had a photocopy of his NBI clearance so I asked him and I went to a photocopy center in front of the National Bookstore. It was entertained at once but two photocopy machines broke down. What a mishap and after 15 minutes I asked the girl if it will take longer even if she tried to fix them and she apologized (take note that there were around 6 machines). Finally she was able to make copies of ids and I went back to the studio and my co-participants were relaxing inside. We had the screening at past 10, just filling up an info sheet and a quiz. Those who were qualified will be called or texted.


The Day
I got the call Thursday afternoon and I was cold hahaha. Anyway I went there the following day. The make-up artists attended to us. I could not believe my eyes. I know I am beautiful (and cute) but I could not believe I was that beautiful. In fact, I had a resemblance to Heart Evangelista (of all the people), take note Jam.

As we waited for the briefing to start, Angelo Ilagan (Edison of Mga Anghel na Walang Langit )passed by. He is sooooooooo handsome I could not speak. I hope my mouth was not hanging open. The others greeted him and he waved and smiled back. Laurent Dyogi was tall and we greeted him and he did the same. Bentong made a quick talk with us. We saw Willie Revillame too.

Practices were held. When to walk, how to buzz, how to greet each other and steps for the pyramid round, and even on the main stage with Kris. We had fun, really. Then retouch. We Then we loitered in the Tarantarium, mikes were fitted and we were positiioned. Then we prayed.

The Game
I was the first contestant. It was a little tiring to smile and wave while you were being introduced since it is not natural for me even if I smile a lot. Then the game proceeded. I was not nervous. Two were eliminated on one-on-one. For the next round, we were fast, that it was a matter of milliseconds. There were already four of them so we exited (awwww too bad, but still I am more beautiful heheeh). The questions were easy. I wish I was among them because they did not want to sing. Tobal, the guy beside me during the first round defeated the defending champion. We left before the million peso was asked...

I have my name tag as a souvenir and a consolation prize. We were very lucky because there were 964,000+ texters who want to be contestants and through electronic raffle they come up with only a thousand names for the qualifiers of the initial screening.

How did I feel? I felt happy and excited but not nervous.

Watch it on July 21, 2005. I have been on national television lots of times but this is the first that I will be seen globally, thanks to The Filipino Channel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Aabangan ko yan! Yahoo!!!

July 19, 2005 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Aabangan ko yan! Yahoo!!!

July 19, 2005 6:36 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Oh, so how was it? What's GKNB?

July 25, 2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

G=game
K=ka
N=ba
B=ba

but the show has been released as Pilipinas, Game ka na ba, with referrence to its past.

August 08, 2005 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are in calif and watch tfc we do not care for kris
aquino because she murders the english language
and not much better with her native language.
replacement recommended nosmo100@comcast.net

August 15, 2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

On the contrary that is just her way to appeal to the public but she really speaks good English.

August 16, 2005 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home