Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

My Most Awaited Reply

May 9

Dear Participant of the Essay Competition 2005,

Thank you for your participation in the Essay Competition 2005!

This year, we have received over 1300 essays from more than 100 countries all
over the world. The level of the submissions was very high and therefore it was
not easy to select the winners.
During two weeks, 13 reviewers from 9 different countries were reading your
essays and making the final selection. As a result, 9 finalists have been
chosen.

Although your essay has not been chosen among the 9 best, it was read with great
interest and has helped us get to know you better, as well as the current
problems of youth in your country. We would like to thank you for sharing your
experience and ideas with us - we have learned a lot from you.
We would be very happy if we could stay in contact with you in the future.

In the coming weeks, you will receive a diploma certifying that you have
participated in the World Bank's Essay Competition 2005.

Once again, thank you for sharing your ideas with us!

best regards,

Anna

Anna Kuznicka
The World Bank
External Affairs European Vice Presidency, Paris
Tel: 33 1 40 69 33 71
Email: devpod@worldbank.org


Okay so I was not able to make it to the final nine. Still I am happy to receive a certificate. I hastened my essay even if I started it a half a month before the deadline, I did not get around to doing it because of my work. Just think I was working over it on a good Friday while alone in the office (I was on duty) and submitting it the day I resumed writing it. However the draft was already in my mind.

I will be joining again next year, and definitely write on a greater amount of time and concentration.

What was the essay about? Building s Secure Future, Seeking Practical Solutions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ampalaya said...

Hi Ardythe! Mich here! Congrats! I just saw your name in one of Armi's (Santos-firelightsong)post. Blogger ka din pala. I added you in my links. Please visit my blog as well. mismatchmaker1.blogspot.com.
God bless!

May 16, 2005 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home