Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Added Burden

The Value added tax is now a whooping twelve percent from ten percent. Only 11 congressmen disagreed with this raise. Now the bill is in the Senate.

More tax...to be shouldered by the common people and SMEs will be greatly affected. The IPPs have nothing to be worried about, so are the big corporations.

My parents have been paying taxes. I am paying taxes, and this increase is a very heavy load, to think that the economy is not doing good, and there is no increase in wages and salaries.

More tax...more money from the people that can be used for corruption. Let us hope that this will not be approved by the Senate.


President Arroyo is an economist and she should be more than knowledgeable about this. It seems that she is thinking less of an economist and more of a capitalist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home