Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Farewell Oh Great One

Raul S. Roco bid good-bye to the world last Friday. I could not help but feel sad upon learning of his departure. After all, I voted for the man in the last presidential elections, the first time that I did. He was also our guest speaker during the 2002 Commencement Exercises in UPLB, when I marched (I graduated November 2001).

I have always believed in him. In fact I am greatly impressed by his political advestisements when he was campaigning.

Now that he is gone, all that is left are memories and students. His students. I am proud to say I am one of them.

Sadly, I am not able to go to his funeral because of such short notice and other limitations. If Sin made the flags at half-mast, should he be doing this so? As a matter of fact I consider him to be greater than the late Archbishop of Manila. One more thing, his wake is not being covered by national television. Just news and nothing more.

I am more inspired to fulfill my goals, if fate is with me...to be great, and to make this nation greater than it was during the Marcos era.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home