Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Friday, June 21, 2013

"Free Accommodation"

I went to Manila Food and Beverage Expo (MAFBEX) last Friday, 15 June 2013. I was there for:
1. Curiosity
2. I like food expo
3. Food products
4. Utensils and equipment
5. Free food and drinks!

There was a booth that offered raffle coupons. I filled up around 4 of them, if I remember right.

Saturday.
I got a text that I was selected to stay in Puerto del Sol. I have to claim my gift certificate in their office in Renaissance Tower, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Since I am familiar with the place, I thought this could be true. But I had to bring my husband and stay for 90 minutes of AVP presentation so that we could choose from their chains of hotels and resorts. I thought 90 minutes is too long. I did not go and they continued texting me for a few days.

Sunday.
I got a call that I (and my husband) won a free stay at Canyon Woods and we have to claim it at their office in ACT Tower in Buendia Ave., Makati City. Again I am familiar with the building. There would be a 4-hour presentation so that they could offer/present all their hotels and resorts to us. But there was no follow-up and I also know that is not the actual office of Canyon Woods. Just a promoter of their resort, perhaps?

Sunday night.
I googled about those two and found them to be a hoax. The "winners" would have to pay a booking fee. Also, they are not affiliated with the said resorts.

Monday.
I got a call from Club Ultima and she said that I was referred by someone who stayed in Crown Regency Cebu. Hmmm, I don't know anyone who did stay there or refer me. The club's office is at West Ave., Quezon City. Also, there is a 90-minute presentation. This Club Ultima called me several times. They have a Yesterday, I asked if I could come with a friend instead of my husband, she said no. I asked why not, when I was the one who filled up the form, she said that's how it works. Remember, I was supposed to be referred here

Common denominator:
- attend as a couple, bring valid IDs
- no money involved
- long presentation
- free food

But I did not go to any. At least not my time nor money was wasted for these hoaxes.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger James Abram said...

Good thing that you did not listen to any of those hoaxes. By the way, do you know a luxurious hotels in Quezon City?

March 31, 2015 1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Omg! Someone just called me now and been also tellingme to get the won cert.on q.ave tomorrow with my husband..bawal daw hindi kasama si husband..what to do?..

December 18, 2015 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home