Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Nescafe Ad

I saw this Nescafe ad the other night. I thought it was nice. There was this couple playing in the rain. Okay, I already saw that in Swatch. But then there was this scene when the girl, wet as she was, was revealed to be wearing a shirt with a very plunging neckline, thus showing her cleavage. I did not find it immoral but then it could be disturbing. And then they kissed.

I know in a few days this ad would be pulled out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, sis!
Nescafe got away with their previous ads that feature sexual innuendos. Remember their "coffee can lead to something else" print and tv ads?

June 22, 2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ad is sexy, but what nestle's been doing to its workers isn't.

June 24, 2006 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the ad is still on air. I also can't see the relevance of the cleavage with nescafe.hehe.

June 28, 2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 17, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kamukha ni paris hilton yung girl kapag nk-side view... hehehe...

anyway, that's the power of ads, as we're living in a consumerist age... people are made to believe that what will satisfy them is in the hands of the marketers... and sexual themes are considered a primal instinct needs to be fulfilled... kahit walang relation yung theme sa needs ng tao, kasi malakas nga ang dating... and they can attract people to buy the product since they will relate it to something they crave... to be more attractive...

i know it's illogical, pero ganun talaga... basta makabenta...

July 17, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Ardythe Santos said...

And it's still on tv!!!

July 20, 2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home