Speak It Out

Work is my commitment. Learning is my passion. Faith is my strength. Love is my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Manila, Philippines

The name Ardythe:good war (Anglo-saxon); flowering field (Hebrew); spiritual prosperity (Swedish); Norwegian goddess.

Friday, March 29, 2024

Who gains the credit, who gains the prize

 It is March 2024, and March is National Women's Month. The theme for this year is Kakayahan ng Kababaihan, Patunayan. In my workplace, there are activities for the employees, not just for women. There are also 2 contests. One is a photo contest, 1st prize is Php 3,000. 2nd is Php 1,000, 3rd is Php500. These are gift certificates. The People's Choice Award also gets Php 1,000. I decided to join in the photo contest. I was not after the cash prize but I wanted the recognition.


Last March 25, 2024 was the awarding after the flag ceremony (date of awarding was not known to me). I was not at work since it is my dayoff. I just knew that I won the 2nd place because of the group messages. On the other hand, I still went to the office because there was no one to assist the cook, even if I am not the cook, I am in-charge of the meals of the patients. Bummer, I arrived at half past 10.

I saw the envelope and I was happy that I won. 

Today, my immediate superior demanded that I give the gift certificates to the subject. 

In her message, she was looking for the gift certificate awarded to the subject. (For all I know, it was awarded to me since it was my entry.) I replied that the subject and I will split the prize, 50-50.  She asked, well more of retorted, that why would I still share? It is the subject's face which was displayed. From what she knows, the subject did not like to have her face on display. It should be hers fully. It is only worth Php 1,000 and I will still share/It was not for her to decide. In my mind, it is worth almost a day's salary. 

Nevertheless, I agreed . The subject never told me that she wanted the full prize. My immediate superior had nothing to do with the said contest. AT ALL.

I told people close to me that there are others who seems not to care about what you do, but when you succeed, they want the recognition (prize). Perhaps that is why I did not win the grand prize. 

I will still continue doing what I like. And for the record, I never knew any photo contest wherein the winner will give the  prize to the subject. DUH.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home